Google+

Saturday 20 October 2018

Firestorm and other Pieces of Wind by Christopher Dutton.


Firestorm and Other Pieces of WindFirestorm and Other Pieces of Wind by Christopher Dutton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I read the cover of this book I braced myself for the dutiful reading of what I thought would amount to little more than a park brochure with a few colourful characters to differentiate it. Instead I was launched into a series of emotional portages that dealt with grief, loss, self discovery and love. The depth of the characters draws you in and holds you captive much like a small vessel held fast by the currents of the rivers that are the canvas on which this masterpiece was written. This collection has become one of my favourite books and a must read for every person who has ever dealt with the ongoing challenges and victories that life brings. The author brought the very feel of the air and smell of the earth that I had stored in the recesses of my memory back to life and I felt that I had returned to the my youth and back to the sanctuary of Algonquin Park.

View all my reviews there something on your mind. Feel free to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment